[review] Ortlieb X-Plorer
Last session I tried to surf with small stuff in my Ortlieb X-plorer see the picture below.
|Small stuff that was in the backpack (right is the bag)|
- Good quality yet light materials. Everything stayed dry, it works without a zipper, I expect many many more years of use in water;
- Much more room for other stuff (my bag is 35 liter), I would not need any bigger;
- Lighter (feeling?) and more comfy compared to a speedsurfing weightvest with 3kg lead;
- Could work as floating device when you lose your windsurf equipment;
- Contrary to the manual I push as much air out of the bag as possible, this has to do with swimming and floating. If it would be full of air the bag will be difficult to swim with.
Erik is windsurfer for 10+ years. In his daily life he is professional in construction dewatering, advisor, troubleshooter. Erik likes adventures, explore and to challenge himself. During his life he is trying to get the best out of it and have respect for the earth, nature and future generations. The modern world is about sharing, in this blog Erik shares his experiences, selfreflection and lessons learned.